Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter

When I found out Easter was so early I thought "isn't this an April holiday?" Then I remembered it was some crazy full moon after the equinox thing. Here's wikipedia's description of when Easter is:

"...Easter is the first Sunday after the first fourteenth day of the moon (the Paschal Full Moon) that is on or after the ecclesiastical vernal equinox."

I'd sure hate to calculate Easter programatically but here's a link to a simple Delphi function to calculate it:

http://delphi.about.com/cs/adptips2002/a/bltip0302_2.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I would call that function simple. I guess it is less then one page of code, but some more meaninful variable names would go a long way to making it understanding. Maybe a good comment like:

(**
Don't know why this works. Don't touch it
**)

-Jim

Chris Bensen said...

Jim,

You make a good point. The "simple" function needs more meaningfully comments. I think reducing the number of lines by eliminating C, G, y and L then placing the comment:

{ By the Power of Grayskull! }

Just after the 2nd line would really clear things up :)

Post a Comment