Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Windows 7 on Mac

I've been running Windows 7 under VMWare Fusion on my Mac Pro without a problem for a few days now. VMWare doesn't give you the option for Windows 7, but choosing Vista from the install wizard worked just fine. I do run into one issue. When running Windows 7 and I eject the DVD-ROM drive with the eject button on the keyboard, the same button should suck the drive tray back in but it doesn't.

I think Windows 7 will be what Windows 95 was to Windows 3.1. The rumor mill has it that Windows 7 will ship before the August timeout date of the public beta. The beta is so rock solid it wouldn't surprise me.

If anyone is having any Windows 7 issues with Delphi 2009 or C++Builder 2009 please post a comment. I've been running without a hitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the Windows 7, codenamed "Vista" beta is going well, you wouldn't want to ship it before its ready... Oh wait... ;-)

Post a Comment