Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: Garmin Heart Rate Monitor

A few years back I posted about a Nike heart rate monitor here. Well that was over three years ago and I guess all good things must come to an end; the chest strap broke beyond repair and Nike no longer manufactures the unit. So I looked for a new heart rate monitor. I found the Garmin FR60. There is a really good review of it here. I really liked the Nike heart rate monitor. The watch was a bit large but it was really simple and didn't lose the signal from the chest piece. The Garmin on the other hand looses the signal more often than I'd like and then goes back to the main screen which is less than ideal. But at the end of the day the Garmin is the best simple heart rate monitor I could find with user changeable batteries. Plus it's really nice to have while mountain unicycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment