Wednesday, July 22, 2015

iOS 8.4 iPad Air 2 rotational & wake delay issue work-arounds

There are two iPad Air 2 issues with iOS 8.4 that I personally find pretty annoying and apparently so do others as you can see from this discussion on the Apple message boards.

1. Screen rotation does not work
When running on the iPad, if I rotate the screen before unlocking then screen rotation does not work. The best work around is to disable Reduce Motion:

Settings | General | Accessibility | turn off Reduce Motion.

The screen will now rotate correctly. I really don't like Reduced Motion but not rotating is even worse. Unfortunately battery life suffers.

2. Long wake delay
The only current work-around for the wake delay is to use a Smart Cover/ Smart Case (magnetic wake). I don't use a smart cover so I hope Apple fixes this soon.


There is some additional information in the message on the Apple message boards.



No comments:

Post a Comment