Thursday, July 23, 2020

Running Out of Memory with SQL Developer

Previously I wrote about getting SQL Developer to work, well, just work here. It just doesn't work as downloaded and is still a very useful tool when connecting to databases. I recently ran into another issue, which is out of memory problems. It's rather easy to fix but I spent all day tracking down in the boot scripts for how. So here's how (even if all I'm doing is documenting it for my future self):

1. Open the file in your favorite text editor:


2. Search for the line:

AddVMOption  -Xmx800M

3. Change it to more, a lot more! I just added a couple zeros and I'm all good:

AddVMOption  -Xmx80000M

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment